Project Manager, Grande Prairie, AB
PROJECT MANAGER – GRANDE PRAIRIE, ALBERTA
Titan Energy Services excels at providing integrated water management solutions to the oil and gas sector. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Titan provides water sourcing, water transfer and water storage, skillfully managed through our Grande Prairie, Fort St. John, Sylvan Lake, and Edson branches. We foster a culture based on integrity, teamwork, and safety, with a commitment to outstanding customer service. Since its inception in 2011, Titan has grown organically continuing to reinvest in our business by adding customer focused solutions. We have recently added new equipment to our fleet, and we are looking for a Project Manager to add to the depth of our client base.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT
Titan is searching for a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual to join our team as a Project Manager. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you have a proven track record building and maintaining successful relationships with existing and prospective clients. You enjoy being hands on working with clients and staff to set up, manage, and report on services related to our pumping operation. You skillfully build and support positive client relationships focused on supplying top quality service through a variety of programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery of project controls including, planning, estimating, scheduling, cost management, and progress updates and evaluation, supporting long term growth opportunities for Titan. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment. As part of Titan’s team, you will have an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge, increase your skills and contribute to our ongoing success.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assess project requirements and client needs for the development, preparation, and management of work plans, budgets, cost estimates, and implementation schedules.
- Direct, execute, and manage the implementation of the project including coordination with project stakeholders, consultants, contractors, and other external and internal parties to achieve project milestones and deliverables.
- Prepare technical memoranda, planning studies and final design calculations, plans and specifications.
- Manage project deliverable, budgets, schedules, ensuring compliance with the company’s Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Synthesize published and site-specific information to develop an interpretation of the site conditions, understanding and communicating key site issues.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of industry regulations, guidelines, and best practices within Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with site assessment process required.
- Provide regular and accurate tracking of incurred and forecasted costs and completion milestone in cooperation with finance and operations teams.
- Maintain current client relationships, including follow up, support, problem solving, technical, regulatory and service recommendations.
- Ensure project work is undertaken in accordance with corporate health and safety policies and quality management systems.
- Engagement in industry activities or events where customers are involved.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the oil and gas sector with ability to plan and control work in a multi-project, deadline-driven environment.
- Three to five years previous completions or water management experience, preference given to Oil & Gas service industry, including an active network of industry contacts.
- Experience in project and scope planning, project implementation, data organization and report writing.
- Familiarity with project arrangement and controls principals (PMI or other) is required, PMP designation is an asset.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) an asset.
- Industry professional, able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences at all levels of business.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced, high volume team environment.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities required, back by demonstrated initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels within the organization.
- Sound decision making, analytical and organizational skills with a consultative approach to managing complex client relationships.
- Advanced and demonstrated ability with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and cloud-based applications such as Dropbox.
- Participation in field assessments in remote areas with rugged terrain and under extreme weather conditions may be required.
- Passionate about business and dissatisfaction with the status quo – always thinking of ways to improve/grow client base.
- Other duties as assigned.
RENUMERATION AND BENEFITS
Pay and benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
- Salary will be based on experience
- Annual Bonus
- Benefits include Dental and Extended Health plan, Employee Assistance program, paid time off
We thank all applicants for showing interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.